Thursday 11 June 2015

Canet in the sun

 Salut!


 I wanted to show my mother Canet, the seaside neighbour of Perpignan where I loved to spend time now that spring had arrived.

 After my morning's classes I met my mother at the bus stop. The mountains were nice and snowy and the wind turbines were whirring on the hillside.




 We hopped on the bus and enjoyed the lovely scenery which illustrates the road to Canet. On arriving, we admired the beautiful flower beds. After the long, cold Perpignan winter I was still excited at any small sign of spring.




 We made our happy way down the street leading to the sea and enjoyed a photogenic fruit market.





 The ever-gorgeous Girl of the Sun and Sea greeted us, as did a donkey!



 We stopped in my favourite Canet bakery and bought a small quiche and a jesuite pastry. We ate them sitting by the sparkling sea with the sky pure and blue and the mountains strong and grey and silent. It was a lovely meal.




 The carousel was magnificent in the sun. The mermaids along the top remind me a lot of those in Béziers - maybe the two carousels were made by the same manufacturer.



Le Petit Prince!



Giraffe!









Irish flag!


 We walked along the promenade for a bit - it wasn't too busy and the weather was heavenly.














So silver and glittery!




Lots of oranges





 As well as a sea of oranges there were some pretty, summery pansies.







 We retraced our steps to the bus stop. As we sped back I got some snaps of the stunning countryside.




 Walking back from the bus stop we saw a tree full of pigeons in the Parc Sant Vicens and a nice honeycomb pattern on someone's wall.



 I went back to school for another lot of teaching. Afterwards we went back into Perpignan and enjoyed brilliant drinks and snacks at the French Coffee Shop, a relaxing place to spend time in the city. In an alley in the old town, it is cool and quiet and atmospheric. It was a great evening.


 I love Canet in the sun and I'm glad my mother got to experience it too.  It was a brilliant day.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment