Saturday 9 May 2015

Lights of Cabestany

 Salut!


 Shortly after returning from Barcelona I went for an evening walk in the village of Cabestany. It was twilight and I love seeing the quaint little village centre by streetlights. 

 What I hadn't expected was to see red and amber and blue baubles attached to those streetlights; glowing ribbons of cyan and gold draped in the trees and a carpet of electric stars hanging over the village centre.

 The Christmas lights were up!

 And, without meaning to sound patronising, they were so much more striking than I had imagined the lights of a small village could be.

 Here is that walk, from twilight to darkness. I won't comment much; I'll let the lights of Cabestany speak for themselves.














                             








                                           

                         


                     

                                           
                     



                                           

                  

                                                                         























Pac-Man!













 I got a wood fire pizza from the van in the village centre. It was delicious but I don't recommend using the sauce sachet unless you like your pizza very hot...







The church  - I love this photo. It's one of the ones I'm proudest of.

 I dropped into the Jean Ferrat Cultural Centre to see their Christmas tree. I also saw the sad sight of a lone, lost purple balloon.

 



 Back outside, the moon was gorgeous.



 I headed to Phil, the best bakery in Cabestany, and enjoyed a brownie while watching the world go by under the moonlight. A lovely end to what started off as a casual twilight stroll and became a night to remember.



 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment