Thursday 7 May 2015

Barcelona: Statues, sculptures and cable cars

 Hola!


 My last blog post saw me swapping tour buses in order to see the port and the famous mountain of Montjuïc with its Magic Fountain and Olympic Stadium and Cauldron.

 Before seeing any of that, however, it was lovely just to glide down the magnificent streets of Barcelona.





Dragon cloud!


















"Hoy voy" is "Today I go." Bet they were pleased with themselves when they came up with that...

Purple minion!






 We saw Barcelona Cathedral, in the Gothic Quarter.




















Roy Lictenstein scultpure









 We circled the Columbus Monument, meaning I was able to photograph it from every angle.


                                      






 We also saw the cable car carrying passengers up to Montjuïc. The bus would take me up but one day I hope to ride that cable car. It looks like an experience worth having.






 By the port we saw another sculpture, Onades (Waves) by Andreu Alfaro.




 After my final gaze at the port we started on our journey to Montjuïc. Watch this space!




 Time to go up the mountain!

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment