Sunday 15 March 2015

Barcelona: Night on La Rambla

 Hola!


 After my breathtaking trip to the Sagrada Familia, with its intensity and colour and silence and awe, it was with a mixture of regret and relief that I came out into the cool, chattery night air on La Rambla, Barcelona's famous old street.

 La Rambla is great fun during the day, albeit busy. At night it is equally busy and even more fun. Like many big European cities in the evening - such as my beloved Montpellier - Barcelona has a certain kind of magic, of pizazz, of life, throbbing with excitement and the sheer joy of living.

 That night walk along La Rambla was one of the most memorable moments of my wonderful, spontaneous Barclona trip.





 Here comes what is becoming one of the hallmarks of this blog: pictures - many, many pictures - of divine Catalan ice-cream displays!

The irrepressible Smurf-flavour, as seen in Girona

I chose chocolate and banana.

Red Bull-flavour!








 I returned to my hostel full of ice-cream and very happy after a brilliant - literally; I felt it shining - day.

 I hope you enjoyed the photos. 

 Thanks for reading!

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment