Tuesday 16 December 2014

Béziers

 Hello!


 My mam's time staying with me sadly came to an end and she had to go to Béziers to catch her flight home. I decided to accompany her as Béziers is somewhere I have long wanted to visit.

 We had a nice train journey there, eating apple Tictacs and enjoying the stunning scenery of Languedoc-Roussillon. We cruised out of the Pryénées-Orientales, through Aude and into the department of Hérault, home of my beloved Montpellier and of our destination.

 We left Béziers Station and the first thing we saw was a memorial with an angel.



 The old town of Béziers is on a hill so we began the arduous climb. We were rewarded with some rather lovely fountains.





















  We saw a nice blue sculpture.










 What I like about Béziers are the little touches that transform it from a quite ordinary south-of-France town to something fresh and surprising. A good example is the stunning street art.









 We reached a square with an especially nice carousel. I loved the mermaids and the lone pig.





Heaven!

Best crêpe ever
 We walked up to the cathedral.


 The cathedral was very impressive and there was a gorgeous view of the surrounding countryside and the River Orb.































 When we retuned to the carousel we found that the lights were now on! It was a nice surprise.

 We caught a bus back down the hill to the station.



Gare de Béziers


Station war memorial




 I then said goodbye to my mam who went to catch her bus to the airport. I headed back to the station.




   

 I hopped on my train and back I went to Perpignan. I was pleased to have discovered Béziers; it's the little things that make this town special.

 Thanks for reading.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment