Sunday 5 October 2014

The centre of the universe!

 Salut!


 It's Sunday and it's nice and sunny but not uncomfortably so. I want to tell you about yesterday when I met some of the other language assistants for the first time.

 I had heard there was going to be a fete in Perpignan so I set out to find it. However, I then discovered that some of the assistants were at a restaurant in town so I went to them instead. 

 It was great meeting them: two people from the UK, four from Spain and one from Canada. We spoke a mixture of French, English and Spanish - it was good fun.

 Some of the group wanted to buy train tickets so we made our way to the station, said by Salvador Dali to be the centre of the universe.















 There is also a competition to win a piano by playing piano in the station! Nathan, one of the assistants, had a go.




 We then wandered to a shop and then to the apartment that two of the assistants share. I got to know Perpignan a bit better and it was lovely chatting and just mooching about. The evening was coming and it was nice and cool. The sky was beautiful.














 Five of us went to have a drink at a bar. As a non-drinker I was delighted by the variety of syrups available. I had peach syrup with water, Delicious!

 So, that was my first day with the other assistants and I really liked it. Hopefully we can see a lot of each other during our time in Perpignan.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment