Thursday 30 October 2014

Evening in Girona

 Hola!


 In my last post, I shared how my mother and I spent our first afternoon in Girona: walking the city walls and visiting the Cathedral and the Basilica of Saint Felix.

 As the afternoon turned into evening the streets of Girona came alive. Dusk is perhaps my favourite time of the day, especially in a city when you can see the transition between day-life and night-life.

 It was lovely to wander through the old town and look at all the shops selling gorgeous produce such as colourful fruit, equally colourful ice-cream and lots more.





This is a shop in a shop space - and it consists of two vending machines! I've seen it all now!

The Basilica of Saint Felix glowing in the evening sun



The Little Lioness - if you kiss her bottom, you will return to Girona. I did!


 We stopped at a bar called Doll to get something to eat. We enjoyed a hearty slice of Spanish omelette and the Catalan classic of tomato bread and drank some delicious apricot juice.






Churros!


A really beautiful toy shop





Lots and lots of angels...

Giraffe!


Divine!


Cool shop




Good name for a shop



Tourist office



Such a sumptuous sunset












Sweets!

Croissant sweets!


Ducks!


The Basilica and the Cathedral





 It was a wonderful evening. I love Girona!

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. I look forward to exploring your blog....

    ReplyDelete